Site Access and Use Terms
71636 Ludwigsburg, Germany
Schwieberdinger Straße 126, 71638 Ludwigsburg
Phone +49 (7141) 98-0
Fax +49 (7141) 98-2545
Board of Management:
Alfred Weber (CEO), Hansjörg Herrmann, Kai Knickmann, Josef Parzhuber, Emese Weissenbacher
Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Commercial Register: Stuttgart HRB 200155
VAT registration number: DE 146129027
Thank you for visiting the Vokes Air website (the "Site"). In light of the complexities governing the use and operation of web sites, we have set forth below a series of Access and Use Terms ("SATS") that apply to your access to and use of the Site. Compliance with and acceptance of the SATS are required in order for you to have access to and use of the Site. Please read the SATS very carefully. We hope that you will understand that, in the complex legal world of the internet, access and use terms are required. We have also included below, as part of the SATS, an identification of Vokes Air's agent for receipt of notice regarding copyright claims and other communications regarding the Site. If you do not agree with or do not accept any of the SATS, please immediately exit the Site and refrain from further access.
Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you enjoy the Site and find it useful. Also, please keep in mind that information provided on this site and via linked sites is not for the purposes of seeking or encouraging investment unless specifically designated as such.
1. LIMITED LICENSE
As described below, your compliance with the SATS provides a limited, terminable license regarding access to and use of the Site Contents. "Site Contents" or "Contents" means images, text, information, sounds, interactive features, links, and other features of the Site. "Site Code" means any and all underlying elements of the Site, including, but not limited to source code, object code, and other sets of statements or instructions that relate to the operation or functions of the Site.
- Not to alter the image and text in any manner or use them in a manner specifically prohibited by these SATs or by the instructions in the Site.
- To use the copies for your own informational purposes only. For example, unless expressly authorized by Vokes Air, you agree not to place any Site Contents on a network and will not use any Site Contents to advertise or otherwise promote any products or services not provided by Vokes Air.
- To place the following notation on your copies: " ©2010 Vokes Air. All Rights Reserved. See Vokes Air Website for Access and Use Terms for additional information and conditions of use.
- Vokes Air may, solely in its own discretion and without advance notice, revoke the limited license regarding all of the Site Contents or with respect to specific images, texts or other Site features. If requested by Vokes Air, you agree to cease using and/or destroy any copies of the subject Content.
- Unless expressly permitted in writing from Vokes Air, you will not frame, link, or commercially exploit either the Site, Site Contents or the Site Code unless specifically authorized by Vokes Air to do so.
- You are responsible for ensuring that other parties that have access to the Site or Site Contents through your system or with your permission agree to the SATS.
2. OWNERSHIP OF TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS AND OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, copyrights, patent rights and other proprietary rights in or associated with the Site, the Site Contents, and Site Code are the properties of Vokes Air, its owner(s) or its licensors. Nothing in these SATS or any Site Contents shall convey an ownership interest or a non-terminable license in any Site Contents or any Site Code.
3. SUBMISSIONS AND USER GRANT OF LICENSE
Vokes Air is pleased to hear from its customers and Site users. We welcome your input. However, due to legal requirements, we cannot provide compensation for, agree to consider, or agree in advance to keep confidential, any submission of creative ideas, disclosures of inventions, other disclosures of potentially useful information, or submissions of any other content. In order to avoid confusion and unmanageable situations, all content submitted by you via the Site or through any contact information provided in the Site (e.g., addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, links) is provided with a paid-up, perpetual, non-exclusive license, effective everywhere, to Vokes Air to consider, retain, copy, use, publish, modify, disclose and otherwise exploit the content, at Vokes Air's sole discretion. Vokes Air does not, however, engage in the practice of selling Site users identifying information to third parties. Vokes Air may, in its sole discretion, determine that the submission and its contents should be kept confidential. Any or all of these license rights can be assigned and sublicensed by Vokes Air and they apply to all manner of copying, display, distribution, transmission, storage, recording or other media or means of exploitation now known or hereafter invented. If any applicable law, judicial decision or regulatory requirement restricts or limits the provisions of this paragraph, Vokes Air's liability, if any, will be limited in accordance with THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY terms in Section 6 of these SATS.
4. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS, FORUMS AND INTERACTIVE FEATURES
As a convenience to visitors of the Site, Vokes Air may provide from time to time, at its sole discretion, one or more chat areas, message boards, e-mail functions, contact information, polls, surveys, and other features for use by visitors to the Site. Such features are referred to herein as "Visitor Features." Vokes Air may, in its sole discretion without advanced notice, discontinue provision of any Visitor Features to any or all Site visitors and may, in its sole discretion, remove any content provided by a Site visitor. Users of Visitor Features are bound by and must comply with the SATS, and must agree not to do the following:
- Transmit any content that is damaging, disruptive, obscene, unlawful, inaccurate, defamatory, illegal or otherwise objectionable to Vokes Air;
- Impersonate any other person or entity, provide false or misleading identification or address information, or invade the privacy or violate the personal or proprietary right of any person or entity.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to regulations having the force of law while you are using or accessing any Visitor Features;
- Infringe the copyrights, trademarks, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
Vokes Air hopes that all of those who use and have access to the Site will follow the SATS and otherwise conduct themselves properly. However, Vokes Air cannot be responsible for monitoring, verifying or substantiating content or code provided by third-party users of the Site. Therefore, you agree that Vokes Air shall not be liable for any breach of the SATS by third parties or for other injurious behavior engaged in by third parties who use or gain access to the Site.
Unless expressly stated otherwise by Vokes Air, Vokes Air does not necessarily control sites that may be linked to or from the Site. Vokes Air cannot monitor or otherwise evaluate such sites, and Vokes Air is not responsible for any of their contents, features, codes, underlying materials, terms of access or privacy policies. Even if you are linked to a web page other than the front page of the linked site, you are responsible for checking that site's terms and conditions of access and use, as well as the site's privacy policies. Materials on other sites may be subject to proprietary rights and other restrictions. LINKS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY AND THEIR USE IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK. If you wish to establish a link to this Site, you must obtain a license from Vokes Air.
6. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS, INVESTMENT INFORMATION, DAMAGE LIMITATION, INDEMNIFICATION THE SITE, OPERATION OF THE SITE CODE, SITE CONTENTS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LINKED SITE CONTENTS), AS WELL AS THE OPERATION OF AND EFFECTS OF ACCESS TO THIS SITE AND LINKED SITES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." VOKES AIR, ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF: (1) SUITABILITY FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (2) MERCHANTABILITY, (3) COMPLETENESS, (4) ACCURACY, (5) NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND (6) FREEDOM FROM TECHNICAL ERRORS OR UNAUTHORIZED, INJURIOUS INTRUSIONS OR ITEMS, SUCH AS HACKING, VIRUSES, AND OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WARRANTIES, OR ASPECTS OF THEM, THAT ARE, BY LAW, INCAPABLE OF BEING DISCLAIMED IN A PARTICULAR JURISDICTION ARE NOT DISCLAIMED IN THAT JURISDICTION.
IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER A CLAIM IS BASED UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT OR OTHER PRINCIPLES, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER THEY HAD NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, VOKES AIR, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR OPPORTUNITIES, OR DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS DISRUPTION OR LOSS OF INFORMATION.
TERMS REGARDING THE DEMONSTRATION, SALE, LICENSE OR USE OF VOKES AIR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS AND DISCLAIMERS.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Vokes Air, its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, transferees, assigns and their directors, officers, employees, contractors, licensors and suppliers against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of the SATS by you or by others that gain access to the Site through your system or to whom you have provided access to Site Contents. Vokes Air reserves the option, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you shall cooperate with Vokes Air in asserting any available defenses. You shall be responsible for any damages or fines assessed due to violation of the SATS by you or others that gain access to the Site through your system or to whom you have provided access to Site Contents.
7. PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
8. CHANGES TO SITE OR TERMS OF ACCESS AND USE
Vokes Air reserves the right, at its sole discretion, without advance notice, to change, modify, add or remove all or any portion of the Site or the SATS. Changes to the SATS shall be immediately effective when posted. You agree to review the SATS periodically to be aware of any changes. Your access to and continued use of the Site after the changes are posted shall constitute acceptance of those changes. Also, events may occur that result in disruption or discontinuation of access to the Site, removal of specific Site Contents or corruption of Site Code. Therefore, Vokes Air reserves the right, without liability, to: (1) discontinue provision of access to the Site to any and all users without notice; and (2) remove or modify any Site Content.
9. CHANGES IN SITE OR RIGHTS OWNERSHIP
You agree that these SATS and Vokes Air's interests, rights, and obligations hereunder, can be transferred by Vokes Air to a subsequent owner of an interest in this Site.
10. PRIVACY TERMS AND ACCESS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
We appreciate that you have visited our Site. Our privacy terms are meant to ensure that the Site can operate efficiently and be used as a tool to provide services. Sites that link to, or are linked from, this Site may have different privacy terms.
As with many other web sites, when you visit this Site, our web server or system may automatically recognize and store information. Examples of such information might include identification of the type of internet browser used, the type of operating system your computer has, the name of the internet service provider, the user's "click path," the advertisement or link used to gain access to the Site, and the exit link or path from the Site. This type of non-personal information helps us to evaluate the features of our Site and to determine the best ways to provide our services. At times, we will share such information with our affiliates or parties that are helping with our Site or working with us. If you provide personal information, such as a name and address, we may use that information to communicate with you, or our affiliates, or parties working with us, may use the information to communicate with you. If any personal information is incorrect or objectionable, please contact the Vokes Air agent identified in Section 11 of these SATS.
When you visit the Site, we may use the widely-used technology called "cookies." Cookies are bits of data sent to your browser so that we can enhance or tailor your use of the Site. Most internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer's hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning that a cookie is stored. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the Site may not function properly. Your computer user's manual or help screen may contain more information on how to eliminate or control the use or storage of cookies.
By providing personal information to our Site, all users, including, but not limited to, users in the European Union, fully understand and consent to the collection and processing of such information in the United States of America.
This Site is operated from a location in the State of North Carolina, United States of America. Vokes Air makes no representation that the Site, the Site Contents, links, or the Site Code are appropriate for use in countries other than the United States.
11. COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING COPYRIGHT AND OTHER MATTERS
If you believe that any Site Code, or Contents in a linked site or in this Site, including but not limited to content provided by third parties via Visitor Features, infringes a copyright or other proprietary right, please forward the following information to our Copyright Agent at the address specified below:
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other pertinent contact information;
- A description of the copyrighted work or proprietary right that you believe is infringed;
- The URL or a description of where the allegedly infringing content is located;
- A statement by you, with respect to the copyright or other proprietary right, that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by either the owner of the asserted right, an agent of the owner, or by operation of law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the asserted right;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is correct and that you are the owner of the asserted right, or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner; and
- Any other information required for specific notice of the claim and allegedly infringing item.
Our Copyright Agent and recipient for other communications regarding the Site is: Tom Winsper, Webmaster, Vokes Air, Farrington Road, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 5SY, United Kingdom, Email: email@example.com
12. JURISDICTION, DISPUTE RESOLUTION, INTERPRETATION, SEVERABILITY AND MERGER
These SATS, and all disputes arising from or related to them, their interpretation, or their subject matters (including but not limited to Site Contents) shall be governed by, resolved and remedied in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, USA (without resort to conflict of law principles) as it applies to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State and to acts or omissions occurring wholly within the State. Any claims arising from or related to the SATS or their subject matters shall be brought and resolved only in the appropriate State or Federal Courts located in Florida, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction and exclusive venue of said courts. However, Vokes Air, at its sole discretion, can also institute or convert any action (no matter which party initiates it) to an arbitration under the applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association, said arbitration to: (1) apply the choice of law specified above; and (2) take place in Ocala, Florida.
If otherwise applicable hereto, the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (as adopted by any State) and the United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods are hereby agreed not to be applicable to these SATS and their subject matters. In addition, all disclaimable or waivable local and international provisions related to choice of law or dispute resolution are waived or disclaimed by you in favor of the above choice of Florida law, jurisdiction and forums for dispute resolution.
You agree and represent that you have carefully considered the SATS and that ambiguities, if any, shall not be enforced against the drafter but shall be fairly read so as not to prejudice the rights of Vokes Air.
If any provision(s) of the SATS are deemed unenforceable in a determination by a body with proper jurisdiction, the Parties agree (without waiving rights of appeal) that the unenforceable provision(s) shall be: (1) reconstituted to approximate as closely as lawfully possible the evident intent of the original provision(s); or (2) if option (1), above, cannot be implemented, the unenforceable provision(s) shall be excised from the SATS and the Parties shall negotiate in good faith with respect to their modification. If the Parties cannot agree to a modification, the SATS shall be enforced, without the unenforceable provision, in a fair manner and without undue prejudice to either Party.
These SATs comprise the entire agreement between the Parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing supplied by Vokes Air.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded to your computer when you access websites. Typically, they contain the following information: a site name and unique user ID, the duration of the cookie's abilities and effects, and a random number. As a rule, cookies cannot be used to reveal your identity or personally identifying information.
Generally, the role of cookies is beneficial, making your interaction with frequently-visited sites smoother with no extra effort on your part. Without cookies, online shopping would be much harder. Without cookies, some websites will become less interactive with the cookie option turned off.
Most common cookies
These cookies expire when you close your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome). These cookies are used for various reasons, for example, remembering what you have put in your shopping basket as you browse a website. They can also be used for security to access your Internet banking or email.
These cookies are still stored on your computer after you have closed your web browser which allows your preferences on websites to be remembered. These cookies are used for a variety of purposes, for example, remembering your preferences on a website (your language choice or your user name on a particular website).
First and Third Party cookies
This refers to the website placing the cookie. First party cookies are cookies set by the website you are visiting. Third party cookies are set by another website; the website you are visiting may have advertising on the page and this other website will be able to set a cookie on your computer. Third party cookies on the main web browsers allow third party cookies by default. Changing the settings on your browsers can prevent this.
There are some exemptions to the above where it is essential for a website to store information on your computer, for example, to provide a service to you that you have requested.
http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx and http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Latest News View All
Visit MANN+HUMMEL @ NexTurbine...
Visit MANN+HUMMEL at NexTurbine®2017 The 6th Annual Summit | 17-18...Read More
Infographic: Air Filtration...
MANN+HUMMEL VOKES AIR has created a new infographic exploring the world...Read More
Vokes Air - Now a part of...
On February 14th 2014, Vokes Air was acquired by the MANN+HUMMEL Group...Read More
Did you know?
On its way through a filter media 4 mm thick, a 0.1 μm particle will travel 4000 times its own diameter.